• Explores every aspect of a woman’s vintage wardrobe in over 1,000 stand-out examples, from dresses and skirts to hats, shoes and bags, drawn from fashions from the 1920s to the 1980s.
• Not just another history of fashion, this is a survey of how fashion past continues to inspire fashion present – as seen on the street, on the catwalk, and on devotees such as Kate Moss and Sienna Miller.
• Designs by world-famous names feature alongside lesser-known brands beloved of collectors, such as Lilli Ann and Horrockses Fashions.
• Unique handmade pieces as well as icons of vintage fashion, from Marilyn Monroe’s bra to the Ossie Clark dress that famously features in David Hockney’s painting.
• Includes invaluable practical tips on how to build a collection, and how to date, clean and care for vintage clothing.
Moda vintage. Istruzioni per l’uso
Jo Waterhouse, Clare Bridge, Logos, 20012, 191 p., cm. 19x24,5, brossura
The glamour of italian fashion since 1945
Sonnet Stanfill, Victoria & Albert Museum, 2014, 272 p., cm. 25x32, rilegato, English edition
Vintage nella moda e nel gioiello
Tiziana Serretta Fiorentino, Editoriale Giorgio Mondadori, 2006, 175 p., cm. 24,5x29, rilegato