• Explores every aspect of a woman’s vintage wardrobe in over 1,000 stand-out examples, from dresses and skirts to hats, shoes and bags, drawn from fashions from the 1920s to the 1980s.
• Not just another history of fashion, this is a survey of how fashion past continues to inspire fashion present – as seen on the street, on the catwalk, and on devotees such as Kate Moss and Sienna Miller.
• Designs by world-famous names feature alongside lesser-known brands beloved of collectors, such as Lilli Ann and Horrockses Fashions.
• Unique handmade pieces as well as icons of vintage fashion, from Marilyn Monroe’s bra to the Ossie Clark dress that famously features in David Hockney’s painting.
• Includes invaluable practical tips on how to build a collection, and how to date, clean and care for vintage clothing.
Vintage nella moda e nel gioiello
Tiziana Serretta Fiorentino, Editoriale Giorgio Mondadori, 2006, 175 p., cm. 24,5x29, rilegato
The glamour of italian fashion since 1945
Sonnet Stanfill, Victoria & Albert Museum, 2014, 272 p., cm. 25x32, rilegato, English edition
Moda vintage. Istruzioni per l’uso
Jo Waterhouse, Clare Bridge, Logos, 20012, 191 p., cm. 19x24,5, brossura